You have probably heard about CBD for human consumption in the form of cannabis plants, oil, tinctures, and many more. However, this particular compound is useful for pets as well, including dogs and cats.
Keep in mind that our cats can benefit from CBD and its healing powers, especially if the problem happens due to chronic diseases. Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the essential parts of the cannabis plant, right after THC.
As soon as you check here, you will be able to understand all the health benefits that come with this particular cannabis compound.
However, it does not come with psychoactive effects, which means to say that you can rest assured because your pet will not get high afterward. You can find a wide variety of CBD products all across the US.
Some of them come from marijuana, while others from the hemp plant depending on the percentage of THC inside. It is crucial to understand how this particular compound acts when it touch with our feline friends.
How Does It Work?
Cats also have an ECS or endocannabinoid system similar to humans. This particular system regulates essential bodily functions, including immunity, appetite, pain, mood, and sleep.
Besides, they have other receptors within the nerves, spinal cord, brain, which means that all of us produce natural cannabinoids for keeping and maintaining essential functions.
Therefore, when your cat consumes CBD oil, it is supplementing the endocannabinoid system, which ultimately improves the immunity and other painful symptoms.
Conditions You Should Treat With CBD
Even though the conducted studies are not yet relevant and published for long-term usage, according to holistic vets and prior experiences, CBD can improve your cat’s life and save money on additional expenses that come with vet visitation and checkup.
You should know that CBD could help elderly cats become more comfortable with their lives, mainly since the prevailing conditions in these periods include arthritis or cancer that could severely affect their lives.
For instance, cats that have terminal illnesses or cancer can use this particular compound to prolong their lives and reduce symptoms such as general discomfort and pain.
CBD is also an effective remedy for cats that suffer from:
- Lack of energy
- Loss of appetite
- Grumpiness or aggression
- Crying without a cause
- The constant fear of strangers
It is important to enter informative sites such as getunderskeleton because in there you will find numerous variants of CBD oil specifically made for cats.
Apart from the issues that tend to be shared among your feline pets, CBD oil can help them with severe medical conditions, including:
- Arthritis – Since it comes with anti-inflammatory effects, you can rest assured because your cats can easily benefit and reduce the symptoms of arthritis. According to past reports and experiences that people had, cats became more playful and agile after implementing this particular compound in their therapy.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – IBD is another form of inflammation that you can alleviate by giving your feline pet cannabidiol. It will not be able to cure it, but it can improve symptoms such as weight loss, diarrhea, and vomiting, among other things.
- Asthma – Since asthma is another inflammatory condition, it can reduce the attacks as well as the further inflammation that could happen.
- Pancreatitis – You probably know that this is another form of inflammation, and it is common among cats that suffer from IBS. If you combine this particular compound with a low-fat diet, you will be able to improve the quality of living of your pet, and that is a fact.
- Seizures – One of the most effective remedies for seizures for both humans and animals includes CBD oil, especially if you wish to reduce the consumption of harmful and addictive medications. Generally, it can decrease the frequency of seizures, especially in the worst forms of epilepsy that can be life-threatening if you do not do anything.
- Chronic Upper Respiratory Infections – CBD can affect the overall immune system and function; it is also an excellent remedy for cats that have viral infections.
- Skin Issues – You can also use the oil and rub it on fur and itchy patches to reduce the overall irritation because cats have cannabis receptors in the skin.
Things we have mentioned above are not just a marketing fraud because CBD is an effective way to treat your cat by using alternative means that will reduce the expenses that come with going to a vet.
Even though most vets will think about this particular supplement as irrelevant due to a low number of studies and approvals, you can find holistic vets that use a different approach than Western medicine.
Dosing Is Crucial
Similarly, like any other supplement and remedy, it is important to match the right dosage to your cat so that you can avoid problems that may happen if you overdo it.
We recommend you to start by giving it less and gradually increase the dosage because high levels can be toxic and cause severe side effects.
It is vital to be patient along the way because it will not cause any effect at once, similarly as other remedies. This particular form of supplementation may take up to a month for effects to be transparent, so it will not happen overnight.
At the same time, you should take time when it comes to dosing because patience is the best way to protect your feline pet. When it comes to side effects, the most common one is the mild sedation that your cat will experience at the very beginning.
In case that happens, you should lower a dose. Remember that every single cat will react differently to it, which is why you should start small and increase the dosage as time goes by.
It is an effective remedy for treating arthritis, among other things, which is why you can rest assured.
Find for helpful information from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1439/cannabidiol-cbd to help you understand the importance of this particular cannabinoid.
It is crucial to have in mind that CBD oil is not the same thing as cannabis or weed that causes psychoactive effects. Generally, products that have high levels of THC will affect cats much differently than humans because they have many more CB-1 receptors in the brain.
Therefore, THC can make them feel uncomfortable and paranoid, especially since they will not be able to tell you how they feel at the moment.
However, CBD is an entirely different cannabinoid, which is both harmless and adequate for things we have mentioned above.